1. Fill in the blanks with the right determiners:
(a) I cannot give you ______ money. (any/some/a little)
(b) He doesn’t trust ______ friends he has. (few/a few/the few)
(c) Sri Lanka is ______ Island. (a / an/the)
(d) My father is ______older than my mother. (many/ much/more)
2. Fill in the blanks with the correct prepositions from the alternatives given brackets:
(a) The ship was bound _____ India. (to/off/for)
(b) I warned him _____ driving so fast. (for/on against)
(c) Assam is rich ______ minerals. (with/for/in)
(d) Mr. Saikia presided______ the meeting. (on/at/over)
(e) Always beware______ false friends. (from/ at/ of)
(f) She wrote the answer _____ black ink. (with/by/in)
3. Rewrite the following sentences putting the verbs in brackets in correct tense form.
(a) He (go) to Shillong last month
(b) He jumped off the bus while it (move).
(c) If it (rain) we shall not go out.
4.Change the form of narration of the following:
(a) Our teacher said. “The earth moves round the sun .''
(b) “Do you play tennis?” The man said to me.
(c) My friend suggested to me that we should arrange a picnic the following week.
5. Change the voice of the following:
(a) I have posted the letter.
(b) By whom was this work done?
6. Combine each of the following pairs of the sentences into a single sentence.
(a) He is not sincere. He is not honest.
(b) They live in a village. It is six miles away.
7. Make sentences to illustrate the meaning of any two of the following:
deal with, put out. abide by, look after.
8. Correct the errors in any two of the following sentences:
(a) I go to school by foot.
(b) I prefer milk than tea.
(c) Ravi left the hotel with bag and baggage.
(d) Columbus invented America.
9. Choose the correct alternatives from the choices given in bracket.
(a) It is difficult to go Out in a bad ______ (climate/weather)
(b) Raju deals in _____ products. (diary/dairy)