SEBA HSLC NCERT Solutions for Class 10th Animals (Poem) First Flight English
1. Give rhyming words of the following :
long, sins, kind, age, earth, drop, look, sweat.
2. Give meaning of the underlined words in the following :
(a) they are so placid and self contained.
(b) They do not sweat and whine ........
(c) ........ not One is demented with.
(d) They bring me tokens of myself.
(e) I wander where they get those takens.
3. Why do you think, the poet could turn and live with animals?
4. Mention three things that humans do but the animals do not do.
5. Do humans kneel to other humans who lived thousands of years ago?
6. With whom could the poet live and why?
7. How do animals accept their conditions?
8. How are the animals over the whole earth?
9. Why does the poet feel more at home with animals than humans?
10. What does the poet mean when he says, “Did I pass that way huge time ago”?
11. What is the poet’s opinion about the animals.
12.What are the 'tokens' that the poet says he may have dropped long ago and which the animals have kept for him?
Ans: Human qualities and virtues are like some valuable tokens. Once men possessed innocence and simplicity. Now, they have lost these features, as they have become materialistic. The poet observes that these qualities are still present among animals.