Q. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question that follow:
National Hag is the symbol of the glory and honour of a country. People who love their country remain prepared for every s:t to hold it high. Tri-colour is our National Flag. It consists of three stripes of saffron, white and green colours. Saffron stands for courage and sacrifice. White represents truth, peace and purity, while green is the symbol of faith and prosperity. There is a wheel in blue in the centre on the white stripe. It is known as Ashok Chakra. It is the reproduction of the wheel in the Ashok Pillar at Sarnath. The wheel has twenty four spoke. This signifies our firm belief in peace in the world. Our National Flag proclaims to the world that we are a free nation. We should always keep our National Flag and raise the glory of our motherland.
- What does the National Flag of a country symbolise?
- What do the colours of our National Flag represent?
- What is the wheel in blue in the centre of the white stripe known as? What does it signify.
Ans: (1) The National Flag of country symbolies glory and honour of the country.
(2) In our National Flag safforn stands for courrage and sacri-fice, white represent truth and purity and green stands for faith and prospertity.
(3) The wheel is known as Ashok Chakra. It signifies our belief in peace in the world.